Tuesday 4 March 2008

Raw bginnings - day one

This is day one. Even though I have been starting my day with green smoothies for over a week now.

A week ago I thought that those green smoothies would bring about a change in my whole diet. I thought that I would be able to sit back, and with the help of these (somwhat anthropomorphised) smoothies, all the other changes I need to make to my diet would blossom.

I envisaged that I would watch in delight and wonder as my cravings disappeared of their own accord; as my beautiful (if bloated, stiff and overweight) body became svelte; scars disappeared; and sanity returned.

To be honest, I think I maybe I was bestowing upon those smoothies all the powers of Jesus Christ himself.

You see, by bestowing powers upon the smoothies, I was free! Free I tell you! Free from having to take responsibility for my eating. Free from having to take responsibility for my own mental health. Free from having to look deep inside my soul.

What a relief.

Not.

As the week progressed - i began to resent the evil green smoothie. Last night, whilst marvelling at actually how tasty spinach, kale, apple and banana can be (seriously), I tucked with relish into my third slice of chocolate cake that day. The thought that actually tripped through my sugar addled brain was "Blimey - those smoothies are rubbish - they aren't working at all"

Which brings me to this morning.

And the gut wrenching soul searching that had to be done. The time had come to confront my resitance; my entrenched pig headedness. So I met it head on.

The pig lost.

Watch this space.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

clapping for you!!

sg

AlexMac said...

Thank you darlin'.

Brace your self for 10,000 questions and queries over the next few weeks!

x

Tara said...

I'm with you, girl. Fish, eggs, goat cheese, anthropomorphized smoothies and all. :-) Love from Rae

AlexMac said...

Waving! Hello Rae - thank you for coming!

x