Thursday 20 March 2008

Waiting to Fail

Whenever I have changed my eating before, it has followed a clear pattern. I start with a bang. I quickly become evangelical about it. And I stay strong - I eliminate completely all foods that I consider "bad". And I am 100% successful for 6-12 months.

But secretly, inside, I am wating to fail. There is part of me that knows this way of eating is just not sustainable.

But this feels different. This is a gentle way of eating. And actually, I think the key is that I am being gentle with myself. My expectations are clear - eat a majority raw diet. But I am not eliminating anything. All I am doing is eating what makes me feel better. Sometimes that's a huge plate of green salad. And sometimes that's a dish of rhubarb crumble that my best friend has made me.

And as I feel my tastes change, I am really enjoying a gentle journey for once, rather than a radical shift which just leaves me waiting to fail.

x

No comments: